Monday, January 23, 2012

Oh Happy 100th Day!!

It's that time again!! We are all 100 days SMARTER!!! I absolutely love the 100th Day of School! It is always such a special time in Kindergarten, because it is a HUGE landmark for them! Today also marked my 200th day teaching :) YAY!!
We had a lot of fun activities today! I told all of my students on Friday when they left that I would have a surprise for them on Monday morning! Here is my surprise:
Kindergarten Teachers were 100 year old ladies!!! This was so much fun, and the kids loved it!! Some of them were hesitant at first, but once they warmed up, all I heard was "Man Mrs. Gates you sure look old," or "Mrs. Gates is that your real hair?" I ate it up!!
I had all of my kids make a poster showing 100 things to get them practicing counting to 100! I had some really cute ideas!! Here are a few examples:
The last thing we did for 100th day was take a 100 step walk to see where we would end up. I had all of my students make a prediciton on where we would end, and then we walked to test our predictions! It was so cute! One of the students actually predicted it correctly! We ended at the 2nd grade wing:
All in all, we had a great 100th day! I hope you did too!

No comments:

Post a Comment